cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, need some help with Legal Holds

MikeK-GT
Level 4

I have a archive in EV 14.2.2 with 5100 items. We have placed all items on legal hold in DA. Yet when I run get-evarchive command, it shows OnHold=False. Any ideas? 

image.png

3 REPLIES 3

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi MikeK-GT, 

The OnHold here would be based on the following configuration on the archive Properties.  

Legal hold is equivalent to DeleteProtected set to $true and DeleteExpiredItems set to $false.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/11765145-146140116-0/v96111450-146140116

This would mean both options under Deletion Protection are unchecked on the Advanced tab.  

If items are placed on hold from DA they would be item specific and in the HoldSaveset table in the Vault Store DB.  They cannot be deleted even if archive setting allows deletion. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Patrick 

Thanks for you reply. I've read that explanation, and that is the way it is suppose to work. However I was able to delete that archive, while all the items in it were on legal hold. Something does not jive here. 

I would suggest that a Support case be opened so that the process flow can be validated to ensure it is working properly.  

Regards,

Patrick