Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required for moving Enterprise vault server from one domain to another

kirans
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear all,

I am having one domain i.e. abc.com & I had Enterpirse vault configured for Exchange journaling as well as mailbox archiving. Existing exchange version is 2003 SP2.

Enterprise Vault server configured on VCS cluster (N+1).

Now we are moving to Exchange 2010 and also moving from abc.com domain to xyz.com domain.

Kindly suggest which process need to follow for the same.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

kirans, i've actually covered this a couple times recently on the forums. you should be able to find my posts but let me know if not and i'll get you the information.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I suggest you upgrade EV and Exchange first and confirm all works ok and then move them to the new domain.

To upgrade EV you can just follow the guides here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC2200

For moving to another domain, Symantec recommends that Professional Services assistance be obtained in order to verify and plan this correctly.  

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Is your exchange 2010 being installed and configured on xyz.com domain or in abc.com domain

For your exchange and domain migrations, you will probably need to use third party tools such as Quest and Hyena. Once they are done you can then migrate the EV server(s) between domains. Of course, you'll need to setup two-was Trusts between the two domain/forest first.

For the detailed plannings and processes you need to contact your local Symantec's partners who deal with these on a daily basis. If you are already a partner and have not got experiences then you need to contact one that has experienced these kind of projects.

kirans
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi CTEV,

my new exchange servers (exchange 2k10) is in xyz.com domain new forest. existing exchange server version is 2k3 and EV server is in abc.com domain. and slowly we are moving mailboxes from 2k3 to 2k10. for next one year we keep two way trust between both domains and then after we will discontinue.  

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

kirans, i've actually covered this a couple times recently on the forums. you should be able to find my posts but let me know if not and i'll get you the information.