cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up Enterprise Vault 9.01 Reporting

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I need to setup Enterprise Vault reporting to send an email to several users with the amount of email that has been journaled. Enterprise Vault reporting is installed and appears to be functioning properly. I can browse to the reporting server website for the server. I just don't know how to configure reporting services to porform this task. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to install EV reporting first.

This can be on the SQL server, but you also need SQL reporting installed!

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling

You need to set up a subscription.  On the report you want sent click the Subscriptions tab.  The Click New Subscription and a config page will appear.  You should be able to figure it out from there.

HTH,

Tony

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a different view when I browse to the reporting site. It's listed as http://server/fsareporting. So maybe reporting is not installed properly? I did not do the original installation. I'm trying to pick up the pieces really.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Oh, Ok I think I see what I need to do. This is a Domino environment. There is a SQL Server, a EV Director server and also an EV Domino Gateway server. SQL Reporting services is only installed currently on the SQL server. Should I install EV Reporting services on the SQL server or install SQL Reporting Services on one of the other EV servers so I can install EV reporting services?

GertjanA

You need to install EV reporting first.

This can be on the SQL server, but you also need SQL reporting installed!

Regards. Gertjan

GregRountree
Level 4
Partner

Check IIS first. There should be a website called "reports" or "report" as the default reporting services web site. Also check the SQL server (START / programs) to see if EV reports have been installed. If it is installed the default webpage is usually http://localhost/reports. Check it from the SQL server itself.

Best of luck

Chris_Alleman
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Baron164,

GertjanA is correct; you will need to install the EV Reporting component on the SQL server with SQL Reporting Services installed.

You can also install SQL Reporting Services on the EV server and then install the EV Reporting there.

This TechNote should provide you with some more information: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63335

Hope this helps!

-Chris

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I installed EV Reporting onto the SQL server which has SQL Reporting Services installed. However it did not create the IIS site reports. The instructions I found mentioned a force deployment of reports but I did not see that option anywhere.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok I found how to create subscriptions however I'm using the basic Items Archival Rate report. I setup a subscription for that report to run on a daily basis. However it asks for me to enter a specific date range and I'm concerned it will run the same report every day and use the same date range every time. I want it to use the previous days date when running this report.