cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide icon in outlook

tiagotoledo
Level 4

Hide icon in outlook

1) I need the archive to be executed, the shortcut to be created but the icon that says the email is archived, I do not want it to appear. How I do?

2) When restoring a file from the archive, will it be archived again when? Next time I run the archive job? Or any date? Can I view this date in the EV outlook or console?

--
tiago.toledo@h9e.com.br
www.h9e.com.br - www.ventobravo.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Tiago, 

As far as I know, that is not possible. 

Can you tell us what is the business reason for this requirement? Maybe we can advise on some alternatives.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos

Hi Tiago,

1. Please provide a few more details on the first point. Are you talking about the banner in the shortcut? If yes, that can be configured whether to appear or not within the archiving policy.

2. When archived emails are restored back to Exchange, they will be archived again based on the Archived Date property instead of to the Sent/Received Date which will extend the length of time based on the archiving policy. You can override this by creating a registry key called IgnoreEVDates which will allow EV to archive the email based on the received date. In other words, the email will be archived during the next task run, provided there was no major change in the archiving policy. Have a look on this article: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH76532

--Virgil

Hi @VirgilDobos 

Thanks for the answers.

I would like know about the icon, like the image attached; The icon could be hide, is possible?

--
tiago.toledo@h9e.com.br

VirgilDobos

Hi Tiago, 

As far as I know, that is not possible. 

Can you tell us what is the business reason for this requirement? Maybe we can advise on some alternatives.

--Virgil

The idea initially is to make the archive, leave the shortcut but the user does not know that it has been archived. But in conversation with the client he informed that he only wants to delete the shortcuts, all the shortcuts. And I did the setup to delete it in my lab and it did not work. If you can help me with this, I've opened another topic.

Thanks for all the help.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/Delete-Shortcuts-Is-Not-Working-Correctly/m-p/845521#M10...

--
tiago.toledo@h9e.com.br