cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide other options (i.e. Domino) in console?

doctortt
Level 6
In the EV console, is it possible to hide those Lotus Domino, Sharepoint and etc items?  I don't use them and have no plan to use them in the future.  When you expand the console, it gets very messy with all these items listed.
3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Doctortt,

You can adjust this using the Authorization Manager
The VSA (Vault Service Account) is the most powerfull account. You should only use this to install and configure authorization. Within authorization, you can give useraccounts/groups a certain role within EV. We (for instance) have given the admins Power Adminstrator role. (can do almost anything) The monitoring group has a seperate role, which only allows them to stop/start tasks, and do export to pst's.

They will only see those functions.

Rightclick on the 'directory on xxx' when logged in as VSA, choose Authorization Manager. Play. It is not possible to do anything with the VSA account (regarding taking away something), but I suggest using either a group in AD, or a 'test' useraccount.

Works fine for us.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

Murr38
Level 4
Partner

Hi Gertjan.

Can you please expand on how you setup your monitoring group?

That sounds like what I want to do - but am not sure how to...

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Murr,

When I am in the office tomorrow (in CET-zone), will let you know.

It is relatively easy, as long as you know what you want people to be able to do.

Only monitoring (ie is a task running, all signals green) use the monitoring webpage. For the tasks, more to follow.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan