cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide restore function (browser and integrated search) in EV 8.01, how?

Andy_H
Level 3
Hello all,

We are testing EV 8.0.1 for Lotus Domino at the moment, however our policy is not to allow users to restore items from the Vault.

I have created an appropriate desktop policy to hide all Lotus menu items apart from 'Search' which works fine.  The problem is when users search using either the integrated or browser search the restore icons are there and fully operational.

I have tried the WebApp.ini workaround as documented on many threads in this forum and the Symantec tech note, however this doesn't work for us.

What i'm looking to do is deny all users the permission to restore items with exception to members of our Domino Admins group.  Is this at all possible?

This seems like a huge oversight to me, why provide the functionality to hide this option in the Notes client but not in the search tools, it's just bizarre!  Surely changing it in the desktop policy should make it a global change, affecting all EV components.
8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
How to customize Enterprise Vault web applications using the WebApp.ini file
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292820.htm

Andy_H
Level 3
Thanks Andrew but as my post states, I have tried all that!  Has anyone got this succesfully working in EV 8.0.1 on the Integrated Search?

philt
Level 5

This might just be an Exchange Server setting (I'm not sure) but I have NoExchange = 1 in my webapp.ini which removes the restore & basket buttons in Browser Search. 

Need to restart IIS after changing webapp.ini.

Good Luck
Cheers,
phil

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Yep so as already stated the integrated search restore option can be hidden by adding ISRestoreButton=0 to th ewebapp.ini file and restarting IIS. Regarding the browser search there is no way to get rid of the restore button.

philt
Level 5
Except for adding NoExchange = 1 to the webapp.ini and restarting IIS

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 I just tried isrestorebutton = 0 - and it worked fine for me in my lab - no restore button.

NoExchange = 1 however does not work - the restore options are still there. 

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I had NoExchange working before (v7.5)
And it's in the technote, too.?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Remember MichelZ this is Domino and the search.asp page is different.