Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many users can I put in One Ev Server

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

How Many users can I put in One Ev Server?

I consider to put 9000 users in on Ev Server

Thanks Ronen

Ronen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So you have 9000 users split up between the exchange servers or 9000 per Exchange?  If 9000 total is the case you are probably looking at at least 2 EV servers with one for DAG A and one for DAG B, but as I said, it will depend on the volume of mail.  I have seen 1000 user companies that produce as much or more than 10000 user companies.  With that said, you need to go through the sizing exercise with the sizing tools.  You need to get it right now instead of ending up with unhappy customers with an over-loaded EV server.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling

How many Exchange servers do you have?  Basically, it is going to come down to how much mail EV has to process per night.  As you are a partner you have access to the Storage Estimator spreadsheet.  I would recommend you run the Exchange Mailbox Analyzer and use the Storage Estimator to see what you need.

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi Toni,

we have 2 DAG

DAG A include 4 Mailbox Server

DAG B include 4 mailbox Server

and CAS  array for all of the Exchange server

Ronen

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how did you come up with your sizing for EV? each environment is different but i can't say that i've ever seen a proper EV system that had so many mailbox archiving users on a single server.

TonySterling

So you have 9000 users split up between the exchange servers or 9000 per Exchange?  If 9000 total is the case you are probably looking at at least 2 EV servers with one for DAG A and one for DAG B, but as I said, it will depend on the volume of mail.  I have seen 1000 user companies that produce as much or more than 10000 user companies.  With that said, you need to go through the sizing exercise with the sizing tools.  You need to get it right now instead of ending up with unhappy customers with an over-loaded EV server.

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi,

yes I have 9000 users split up between 8 Exchange server

I have windows time to archive all of the mailbox

Thanks Ronen

GertjanA

for what it is worth, we're running an environment with many ev-servers, but each server targets 2 exchange-servers (2 tasks). each exchange servers hosts about 5000/6000 mailboxes. Archiving window is approximately 9 hours, which is enough time to archive. However, if there is an issue somewhere, it runs behind, and it takes days to catch up again. The servers are 16 core, 32gb ram, ev9sp2.

if you plan to run 8 tasks, make sure that you set the msmq limit high enough, and make sure that no av-scanning/backup is being done on exchange. if you use ev10, examine the archiving report closely, to see if you get all mailboxes.

Regards. Gertjan

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It all depends on the users (ie the type of users) and what features you're offering (eg Vault Cache, or not)

Working for cloudficient.com