Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I resolve MAPI error in EV

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

I installed EV 11 Ver. on Windows 2012 R2 with SQL 2012 R2 and Active Directory was installed on Windows 2012 R2 with Exchange 2013

After installing EV, I tried to start "Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for ExchangeServer", but I always saw following error.

2015-08-31 17 31 46.png

After I checked event ID 3329 and installed outlook 2013, but It could resolve it. 

Why does it appear this error? and How can I resolve this? plz give some guide to resolve. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you might want to look into those warnings. without knowing what they say i can't tell for sure if they are part of your issue. also, run through the steps in Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving and make sure your system mailboxes are configured, that your vault service account has the right permissions in Exchange (there's a script for that) and that you've correctly configured EV with the targets, tasks, and policies required for Exchange mailbox archiving.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure....

1) Outlook 2013 SP1 is installed

2) Only 32bit OL2013 is supported on the EV server

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you open the mailbox under the EV service account ?

Also check this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35774

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your reply

I reinstalled outlook 2007 32bit. but it is the same. sorry.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you

yes, I already opened EV mailbox, which is  EV service account and checked your link.

Mapisvc.inf was not made in \progrma files\common files\system\msmapi\1033 and I did other solutions but I can see the same symptom. sorry.. :(

AndrewB

make sure you're at least running EV 11.0.1

you need to be using Outlook 2013 SP1 32bit on the EV server

then run deployment scanner again and make sure all the pre reqs are in place.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

My EV Ver. is 11.0.0.1351. :(

Thank you I will try to update EV and reinstall Outlook 2013 SP1 and will tell you again with results.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

​Hi AndrewB

After EV update, It is working but after a few minutes, Its status become failed.

I didnt any configuration of EV like archive, journal...etc.  I just run to start "Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for Exchange Server". Do I have to set archiving configuration for removing this symptom?

Sorry I am begginer of EV

AndrewB

did you run the deployment scanner and put in your SQL server and all your Exchange servers? besides the basic pre requisites, yes, there's also a whole slew of things you need to configure before you should start archiving.

by the way, are you doing all this testing in a lab?

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you AndrewB

Yes, I ran the deployment scanner and Its resutl was ok with a few warning just.

Yes, I am testing all this in a lab. From yesterday, I have started test of EV :)

AndrewB

you might want to look into those warnings. without knowing what they say i can't tell for sure if they are part of your issue. also, run through the steps in Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving and make sure your system mailboxes are configured, that your vault service account has the right permissions in Exchange (there's a script for that) and that you've correctly configured EV with the targets, tasks, and policies required for Exchange mailbox archiving.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I ran the scripts, SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1, SetEVThrottlingPolicy.ps1.

Now, the service does not fail. !!

Thank you AndrewB

From now on, I will look for simpler guide for archiving Exchange, Although I read install and configuring guide from Symantec website, It was too hard to me. If you have simpler guide, which is just written about configuration of archive of exchange, can you give it to me?

Thank you again

AndrewB

all i have is what comes with EV or what you already found online. glad we could finally get it working for you. 

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Jake,

Have you cheked Exchange Server proxy in Domain properties?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH213773

Best Regards,

AndrewB

it's all working now based on your on the 31st unless i misunderstood?