My customer want to delete the archived from specific directory

How can I use the tool and solve it ??

Give me the some information.

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hi JK,
If you allow deletion from the archive the only way that I have seen deletion is from within Archive Explorer, the only problem there is that you cannot delete the entire structure, so you would have to delete folder by folder. Also if you have delete on delete set up when a placeholder is deleted it will then delete the corrisponding archive data, but I do not know very many people using that because you may have alot of data deleted accidentally. I would use Archive explorer if it were me. I know there are alot of  experts out here who may have other suggestions or can clarify my reply, so hopefully you get some more feedback.

Good luck.

Travis

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee
If it's files from specific directories, then Archive Explorer is the best way to go. FSAUtility does not do delete operations.

Do you have the delete option visible in AE? If not, you will probably need to set  "users can delete items from their archives" in the site settings then do an iisreset. This will enable you to delete the items from the archive, but the placeholders will still be left behind. You can either delete these manually, or run the orphaned placeholder cleanup option on FSAUtility.

Darren

Jung-kuk_Lim
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for reply!

In Enterprise Vault 2007,

So, I use the fsautility tool, cant delete archived & index file.

and I use the web UI, too

Can not delete...

How can I delete the archived item immediatly?

Jung-kuk_Lim
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Thanks for reply, Darren

I`m already applied the "users can delete items from their archives" option.

So, in the installed folder, I created the "webapp.ini" file with "ISDeleteButton=1"

and showed up the delete button in "archiveexplorerui.asp"

But archived data not delete and using the "fsautility -o -s ..........", too

"Delete archived file when placeholder is deleted" option didn`t worked.

I can`t find mistake at operation.

If you can, show me the another method.

thanks.

JK

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Darren explained in his post that the FSAUTILITY tool cannot be used to delete data. The command FSAUTILITY -o will just delete any placeholders that are orphaned which will be none if you cannot delete the data successsfully from AE.

When you select data to be deleted do you receive any message in AE?
If not then setup a DTRACE of the W3WP process and attempt to delete a file and there should be an indication there as to what the issue is.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Jung-kuk Lim

Did you resolve this issue?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Jung-kuk_Lim
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi, MichelZ

My customer's site want to solve problem very quickly.

So. all of archived data is restore the original location.

and initalized the EV server...

I guessed the unnormal problem.

Also Option is not adjust immediatly.

Option is "Delete archived file when placeholder is deleted", "Delete archived file when placeholder is recalled" and etc...

Thanks for concern the this issue, MichelZ