cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you tell if a pst is still migrating

xgtdec
Level 4

Folks

Ive a few psts that are big enough in size 12-15gigs that im migrating using a server driven migration.

Theres 3 left out of 49 that are still in a status "migrating"

I know they are big and could take a while but my question is...Apart from the migrating status...is there anyway to check if theres anything happening..is there a counter anywhere i can take a look at just to make sure there not dead?

Declan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I guess you can check the item count for the archive you are ingesting into.

Possibly dtrace the pst migrator task?

View solution in original post

Sortid
Level 6

Apart from Item count, we were looking at the CPU on the server.  Each Migrator Task that was active was taking about 10% CPU, so we could tell it was doing something from that.  We had an issue were the EVPM script looked like it was doing stuff, but CPU was at 0, so killed it, fixed the issue (index issue), re-ran and it started working with CPU jumping up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I guess you can check the item count for the archive you are ingesting into.

Possibly dtrace the pst migrator task?

xgtdec
Level 4

Thanks Tony

Ill create a dtrace for the pst migrator and have a look at the output...will let you know how it goes!

xgtdec
Level 4

dtrace of pstmigrate doesnt seem to generate an awful lot......what are my options for getting these kickstarted?

Sortid
Level 6

Apart from Item count, we were looking at the CPU on the server.  Each Migrator Task that was active was taking about 10% CPU, so we could tell it was doing something from that.  We had an issue were the EVPM script looked like it was doing stuff, but CPU was at 0, so killed it, fixed the issue (index issue), re-ran and it started working with CPU jumping up.

xgtdec
Level 4

I never thought of cpu, i guess i presumed it wouldnt be taking up much.

Either way i had to get into sql and change them back to do not migrate, long after the tasks were dead they were still migrating. 

Dissapointing to say that after 11.0.1 promised so much ive found it to be nothing but heartache both from a pst pov and in other aspects...oh well!!

Many thank for the replies!