cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change a Vault Shortcut back to an E-Mail?

jovenell91
Level 2

Hi,

We archive our users mailboxes so that they have 3 months worth of live mail in their mailboxes. For those users who are unable to manage their e-mail and cannot keep their mailboxes under our Exchange limit we allow them to have only 2 months of live mail in their mailbox. Our compliance team have stated that all users must have 3 months of live mail and no less and I have been tasked with ensuring that the users who have 2 months of live mail end up with 3 months. Is there a way to replace shortcuts with mail to make the users on the 2 month archive complient with our new archive rules?

Thank you in advance,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The easiest way is to change the policy for the users with 2 months to a 3 month policy and wait 30 days.  They will then have 3 months of live mail.

If that isn't an option you would need to export the items back to the mailbox using the Archive Export Wizard.About the Export Archive wizard 

Thing is, those newely restored items will not be re-archived until 3 months after you restore unless you set the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

HTH, 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The easiest way is to change the policy for the users with 2 months to a 3 month policy and wait 30 days.  They will then have 3 months of live mail.

If that isn't an option you would need to export the items back to the mailbox using the Archive Export Wizard.About the Export Archive wizard 

Thing is, those newely restored items will not be re-archived until 3 months after you restore unless you set the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

HTH, 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can you just wait 30 days like tony suggested? how many mailboxes are in scope for this issue?

jovenell91
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately I do not have 30 days as this policy needs to be inforced by April so I will have to go down the export and import route. Thanks again.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how many users and how much data are in scope? might be worth looking into a migration tool.