Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get Uncategorized Email

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi All
Okay I ran some SQL queries to look at what data has been categorized with what Retention Categories
Across the various Vault Stores the customer has about 300 million items and out of those about 50 million according to SQL ,which I trust , are stamped with the Uncategorized Retention Category
How do items get stamped with this,,,from the VAC I see that you can assign this to Journal Targets and a Provisioning group so I have to assume that is how this was done ?Or will EV use this Retention Category when another situation presents itself ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

some people hack retentions out of the database, other times i've seen this is when you have a restored piece of email from a test system that had a retention category and when it archives in a new system that retention category is read, unrecognised and shoved in an uncategorised field

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Bruce muh boy,

If you delete the retention category it will get an "uncategorized" retention category.  What I would do if I was you is simply rename the retention category and give it the new retention period.

Or if you have only ever used one retention category then a much easier method is to use SQL to simply populate the whole saveset table with the same retention category.

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Waynie :)
Vegas awaits us :)

Thanks for the response ,a couple of points
This customer has several Retention Category and is on EV 8.0 sp3 ...as far as I remember you can't delete Retention Categories from the VAC ?
They use to be on 7.5 sp 4....could you delete RC in that version ? If so then  that would explain why I have some data as Uncategorized

JesusWept3
Level 6

some people hack retentions out of the database, other times i've seen this is when you have a restored piece of email from a test system that had a retention category and when it archives in a new system that retention category is read, unrecognised and shoved in an uncategorised field

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
@ Jesuswept
Okay makes sense ,post closed :)