cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does EV get/colllect the Email in Exchange?

astigtoits
Level 4

Hi everyone,

I just wondering how does EV get/collect Email in Exchange,

Does it use MAPI? 

Does Vault Store diffrent to SQL Database?

Hope someone can enlighten me.

It will help me a lot.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Ton,

Have a look here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038102.html it shows the processes and flow of EV.

This KB has the KB Articles for EV, where you can find more info.

EV uses (in small environment, and depending on setup) 5 databases. Directory (has settings and config info), Monitoring, Audit (if enabled), fingerprint (for Single Instancing) and Vault Store (which has info on the archived items). The archived items themselves, and the indexes for these items are stored on disk (san/attached). a fingeprint is created for each Vault Store Group, a Vault Store db for each Vault Store. you canhave multiple VSG's, each having multiple VS's. A VS cannot be in multiple VSG's.

Very short answer, but gives you a start I hope :)

Regards, GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Ton,

Have a look here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038102.html it shows the processes and flow of EV.

This KB has the KB Articles for EV, where you can find more info.

EV uses (in small environment, and depending on setup) 5 databases. Directory (has settings and config info), Monitoring, Audit (if enabled), fingerprint (for Single Instancing) and Vault Store (which has info on the archived items). The archived items themselves, and the indexes for these items are stored on disk (san/attached). a fingeprint is created for each Vault Store Group, a Vault Store db for each Vault Store. you canhave multiple VSG's, each having multiple VS's. A VS cannot be in multiple VSG's.

Very short answer, but gives you a start I hope :)

Regards, GJ

Regards. Gertjan

Hi GertjanA,

Thank you for your prompt response. I will look into it.

Regards,

Ton