cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does EV8 SP2 handle Calendar Items / best practice ?

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hello,

i am a bit confused about how EV 8 will handle Calendar items and how to set up a best practice for it.
We have a policy for former employees where Emails get archived immediately and with shortcut deletion turned on.
Now the inbox from those user are filled with Schedule.Meeting Items

26.10.png

I cant find a message Class for this in the Policy properties..

Basically, i want those items archived + deleted like the mail items, so what to do?

greetings
Anett

6 REPLIES 6

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi,

Have you tried adding tyhe IPM.Schedule.Meeting* to your EVdirectory properties > exchange message classes and then ticking them in your mailbox policies ?

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yeah i tried that, added IPM.Schedule.Meeting*
DTrace looks like always, just that he isnt archiving anything.

Only thing i see is:
9021    08:53:32.803     [5432]    (ArchiveTask)    <2008>    EV:L    CDirectoryVaultObject::GetAttributeListFromType Unknown type - view_RetentionCategory_ManagedContent

Any ideas?

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
ipm.appointment?

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yes, but it says "IPM.Schedule.Meeting" in the Mailbox? (See screenshot above)

//Edit
I dont know what exactly happened, but suddenly the items are listed as "Pending Archive".

I love it, when doing the exact same stuff 10 times in a row work at the 10. try :(

Greetings

HolgerM
Level 4
Partner
Did you run Synchronize Mailboxes? Once you change something in the Policies you should consider Synching all mailboxes.

Cheers

Holger

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hey,

yes i did that. I also stopped the Journaling Task to prevent the message queue from beeing occupied. After that i run the Archive task with "run now" on one specific Mailbox but that did nothing to the Items. DTrace showed nothing specific.
After all, i did this 10 times and at the 10. try it suddenly worked...