cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Merge two Journal Vault Stores

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

There are two EV servers in the same company and both have just Journaling. We want old Journal disk to merge to new Journal disk or add as a second disk and remove old EV server completely.

First, there was one A_EV server (with Exchange 2010) and in a reason (environment changed) they stop to continue with A_EV server and they created new B_EV server (with Exchange 2013 ) six months before.

Same company and same domain but like AD, DNS, Exchange, Proxy servers and versions are changed.A_EV server was 10.0.3 versions and upgraded to 11.0.1. Old A_EV Journaling is not active (disabled). System is working for searching Journal mails.New B_EV Journaling is active and working. Both EV servers are the same version 11.0.1

We would like to move old Journaling data from old A_EV to new B_EV server. Merge or as a second vault disk can be added.Target is to keep data in the same server and be able to searchable. Then we will remove old A_EV server and just new B_EV will remain.

In Journaling there isn't import options and cause of default installations DB names are the same. Which steps can I follow for this issue to resolve ?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As Move Archive only supports moving journal archives in the same site I think your best\only option would be to look at third-party migration tool, like ArchiveShuttle, to merge the two sites.  

You can view www.quadrotech-it.com/products/archive-shuttle/ for more details.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As Move Archive only supports moving journal archives in the same site I think your best\only option would be to look at third-party migration tool, like ArchiveShuttle, to merge the two sites.  

You can view www.quadrotech-it.com/products/archive-shuttle/ for more details.

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your reply.