cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Verify Journal DVS Files

Gwave65
Level 3
Can anyone offer advice on an updated version of http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288714.htm for version 8.0.  I'm trying to manually verify the existance of journaled DVS files but am unable to find them after drilling down into the directory based on date format.  According to the SaveSet table in SQL they should not be cabbed.  I wish there was a tool that would just give me a path of where the DVS file is located.  Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have a look at this:

How to use EVSVR to verify savesets in the vault store database

Details:
1. From command prompt go to the Enterprise Vault program directory (i.e. C:\Program files\Enterprise Vault) and start the utility by typing "EVSVR.EXE" and hit enter.
2. Type "EDIT" and hit enter to launch EVSVR Operations Editor to create the configuration file.
3. In the EVSVR Operations Editor, select the desired vault store group, vault store, or partition. In many cases All Vault Stores should be selected.
4. In the Operation to perform section, select "Verify" from the Operation drop down box and select "Complete" from the Option drop down box.
5. Specify the archived date in the Date Range To Process section or leave range blank.
Note: Leaving the date range blank will process all items.
6. Keep the default value of '1' on the Thread section then click OK. When prompted, select the save location. Once completed, it will return to the EVSVR command prompt.
7. Type "START" and hit enter to begin the verification. When it completes, it will generate a report in the <drive letter.:\program files\enterprise vault\reports\evsvr folder (by default).
Related Documents:

336838: Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) - Utilities
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/336838

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have a look at this:

How to use EVSVR to verify savesets in the vault store database

Details:
1. From command prompt go to the Enterprise Vault program directory (i.e. C:\Program files\Enterprise Vault) and start the utility by typing "EVSVR.EXE" and hit enter.
2. Type "EDIT" and hit enter to launch EVSVR Operations Editor to create the configuration file.
3. In the EVSVR Operations Editor, select the desired vault store group, vault store, or partition. In many cases All Vault Stores should be selected.
4. In the Operation to perform section, select "Verify" from the Operation drop down box and select "Complete" from the Option drop down box.
5. Specify the archived date in the Date Range To Process section or leave range blank.
Note: Leaving the date range blank will process all items.
6. Keep the default value of '1' on the Thread section then click OK. When prompted, select the save location. Once completed, it will return to the EVSVR command prompt.
7. Type "START" and hit enter to begin the verification. When it completes, it will generate a report in the <drive letter.:\program files\enterprise vault\reports\evsvr folder (by default).
Related Documents:

336838: Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) - Utilities
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/336838

Gwave65
Level 3
That's exactly what we did except instead of the "Complete" option we chose "DatabaseReferences" for the verify and "DatabaseLinkages" for the repair per Support's recommendation.  It found issues but was unable to repair any of them.  Do you think the "Complete" option will give me more specifc results regarding the location of the DVS files?