cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add permission to multiple EV domino archives

AmitDebroy
Level 3

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to add a perticular windows account in permissions tab of all EV domino archives?

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can EVPM do that?

Working for cloudficient.com

AmitDebroy
Level 3

Not sure if it works on Domino archives?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Please give it a try then ...

Working for cloudficient.com

MassimoVagli
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello 

EVPM does not work for Domino EV Archives, check also http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-do-i-removeadd-permissions-multiple-domino-archives 

Massimo 

PS: is there a reason for adding a windows user for all EV Domino Archives?

AmitDebroy
Level 3

Hi Massimo,

Is there any other way to get this done then?

We are doing an EV to EV migration using Trans Vault migration tool and need to give permission to the migration ID on source and destinatin archives.

Thanks.

MassimoVagli
Level 4

Hello Amit, 

Not sure when you say 'Migration ID' if you intend a Domino ID or the windows user who does the migration.

I am not an expert about TransVault migrations, but I am wondering if you cannot simply configure it to use the Archiving ID which does have natively access to the EV Domino archives.

Massimo

AmitDebroy
Level 3

Hi Massimo - I am reffering to the windows ID used for migration.

AmitDebroy
Level 3

Hi Massimo,

Can something be done for this? I need to add this windows account to approx. 670 archives permission and adding it manually will be time consuming.

Thanks

MassimoVagli
Level 4

Hello Amit, 

Like explained in the forum post I have linked above there is no 'automatic' method to do that.

I find 'strange' that a third party utility like Transvault needs this requirement (I am thinking when you migrate thousands of EV archives) and cannot use instead the Domino permissions.

Massimo

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

to me it sounds like they are not willing/able to use the EV service account to run as the TV service. personally, i always recommend running the migration tool as the EV service account; especially when it comes to using the EV API. pretty sure it's in the TV documentation as well. the fact that they're having to run it under a different account is the most likely reason for this dilema and would be the same regardles of the utility.