cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bring down the items left waiting either backup or indexing to zero ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

I'd like to perform CIFS share migration from the existing NTFS drive, but when I execute the SQL script to check the number of item stuck in waiting mode is almost 1 million ?

USE EVVaultstore1
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM WatchFile 

So how can I bring down that number into 0 safely ?

I have set the Index and Vaults to be in backup mode since yesterday but the number is not decreasing ?

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi John,

The Watchfile keeps track of items that have not been backed up. To bring it down to 0, you need to back up the items and SQL.

John_Santana
Level 6

So which component do I need to backup ?

The index ? closed partitions or the Open Partition ?

I need to reduce it to zero so that I can begin my VaultStore migration to CIFS share.

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

The Watchfile is directly related to whether or not the archive bit has been reset (or trigger file if you're using that) on the savesets. However, you should be backing up your indexes and SQL at the same time as backing up savesets.

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi John,

Take a read of the links at http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH172279.

You need to make sure your backup software clears the archive attribute on the files, if your backup software does not use the clear archive attribute you should use the trigger file method, then set/clear backup mode.

If you're having trouble finding out what needs backing up, look at the ItemName and IdPartition columns in the WatchFile table.