cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete content into an archived mailbox ?

jullll
Level 3
Partner Accredited

hello,

do you now if it is possible to delete content only into an archived mailbox ?

I would like to avoid the fact to delete the mailbox itselft.

thanks for your help

Julien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you have your options i guess. the only thing maybe we havent said is that you can disable the mailbox, delete the archive, and then create a new one when you reenable them (manually).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you want to delete all of the archived content? ie the archive? Sure do that in the Vault Admin Console.

Do you want to delete just the archived items aka shortcuts from the mailbox, leaving behind all of the non-archived content? Easiest way is to check that the Desktop Policy for the user in question is configured to just delete shortcuts.. then build a search folder where the message class is IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.* and then highlight the items and delete them.  Shortcuts will then be gone.

Working for cloudficient.com

ABHIJIT_BANSODE
Level 3

run the command:

Search-Mailbox -Identity {Identity} -SearchQuery "IPM.NOTE.EnterpriseVault" -DeleteContent

jullll
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Abhijit,

Seems to be this command thanks !

Any recommandation as the mailbox is a shared mailbox ?

AndrewB

just to be clear, you asked about "delete content" and what you say is helping you is deleting shortcuts from the Exchange mailbox. in that case, it shouldn't matter if it's a shared mailbox or not.

jullll
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Andrew, you are right, objective is to delete the content of a mailbox into my "Vault Store" not only removing shortcut from the exchange mailbox. What would be then the right approach ?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

delete the content of a mailbox into my "Vault Store"

Do you want the items in the archive deleted?

AndrewB

what you have so far are two approaches (from rob and from abjit) for how to delete the shortcuts. that takes care of the exchange mailbox part. for the data that's in the vault store you can delete the archive from the vault admin console.

*first of all make sure you have a good backup because you will have to restore from backup if you delete the wrong thing or decide that you need the data back*

1. login to the EV server with your EV service account, 2. launch the vac, 3. go to archives, 4. exchange mailbox, and you'll see a list of all your archives. 5. right click on the one you want to remove and click delete.

jullll
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes Tony but only for one mailbox (1 user). I would like not to delete the archive itself but only the items inside (sorry for confusion)

AndrewB

i suppose you could use the search page or archive explorer but it'll be a pain. what are you trying to accomplish?

jullll
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Cleaning the vault of a shared mailbox. We would like to "reset" the vault.

AndrewB

you have your options i guess. the only thing maybe we havent said is that you can disable the mailbox, delete the archive, and then create a new one when you reenable them (manually).