cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export archive to csv

flyok
Level 3

Hi, is it possible to export some items (date, from, subject, ...) from EV archive to CSV file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arnoldmathias
Level 4

@flyok you may export the archive to a PST file first by completing these steps and use any converter to convert the PST to CSV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

This is not possible from within EV or SQL. Specific item information like you indicate is stored in the indexes, not in the archive information itself. The only option I can think of is if you have Discovery Accelerator.

You can then run a search against 1 archive. When done, export the resultset. this will create 3 additional files (after the export completes) (html, txt, xml) where at least the txt file contains such info. This will show (amongst other information) Author, Subject, Content, Mail Date,  NumAttachments and the Original Location (in the mailbox)

Regards. Gertjan

arnoldmathias
Level 4

@flyok you may export the archive to a PST file first by completing these steps and use any converter to convert the PST to CSV

Yes, I know. But it's not handy a lot :) (eg. very big archive etc.)

Well if only you had mentioned that it is a very big archive instead of asking a generic question :)

As @GertjanA mentioned there is no easy way to do this as the information is not stored in SQL but in the Indexes. You can try and export from the browser (copy paste the results from EV Search) but pagination in Archive Explorer (and infinite scrolling in the new EV Search) makes it much more inconvenient.

I would second @GertjanA and use DA to retrieve this information.

If the requirement is to do this in bulk and using automation, you may incorporate the EV cmdlet Export-EVArchive to export to PST, followed by a PST import to Exchange and then an export to CSV using Powershell / EWS. Let us know if that is what you are looking for :)

I've mentioned big archive as an example.

OK, your recommendation (archive->PST->Outlook->CSV) is probably the only appropriate way. But it's a little bit complicated.