cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix failed index

DKumar
Level 3

Hi all,

I am using EV 10.0.2 and there are a lot of index are in failed satate , for checking further a ran the Verify in Index tool below is error :

The verify subtask has failed: The following items in the index do not correspond with the items in the Vault Store.

Can i get help in fixing this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You may want to run an EVSVR, if you have a lot of failed users, and they're all coming back saying you have SQL entries that are pointing to files that don't exist, it sounds like you may have a DR scenario on your hands.

So EVSVR can tell you what files are missing, so you can restore them from backup or determine where they are or why they're missing, and if you can't get them back you can clean up the database 

So on the EV Server do the following

1. Open a command prompt
2. CD to your EV install directory (i.e. cd \Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault)
3. Type 'evsvr' and press Enter
4. Type 'edit' and press Enter
5. Unselect "Process all Vault Store Groups"
6. Unselect "Process all Vault Stores"
7. Select the Vault Store the user belongs to in the Vault Store Drop Down menu
8. Select "Verify" from the "Opration" drop down list
9. Select "ArchiveObjects" from the "Option" drop down list
10. Select "ObjectContainerExists" in the "Level" drop down list
11. Uncheck "Process All Archives"
12. Select the user who has a failed archive in the "Archives" drop down list
13. Under "Threads" choose 5 as the number, and High as the priority
14. If you want, change the Folder Log location and specify a name, or just leave as is
15. save the configuration to an XML like "MissingItems.xml" and press Save and OK
16. You should now be at the EVSVR prompt again
17. Type "Start" and let EVSVR run

Then after that, review the Log files 
By default will be outputted to C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports\EVSVR\
This will give you a list of DVS/DVSCC/DVSSP files that are missing
If they're all from the same drive, make sure the drive is connected, 
If they're all from the same folder and the folder doesn't exist, see if you can restore from backup
If you can't restore them from backup etc, then you need to run EVSVR to remove the records later

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Could be a problem with access the Vautl Store locations.  The report should list failed items and give you their location, can you access the storage location directly?

DKumar
Level 3

May i know the which report ? , when i run the verification on one of the failed index the below error message observed:

The following items in the index do not correspond with the items in the Vault Store

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Does it list what the "...following items..." are?  Those items woudl be the ones you should try to access directly.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You may want to run an EVSVR, if you have a lot of failed users, and they're all coming back saying you have SQL entries that are pointing to files that don't exist, it sounds like you may have a DR scenario on your hands.

So EVSVR can tell you what files are missing, so you can restore them from backup or determine where they are or why they're missing, and if you can't get them back you can clean up the database 

So on the EV Server do the following

1. Open a command prompt
2. CD to your EV install directory (i.e. cd \Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault)
3. Type 'evsvr' and press Enter
4. Type 'edit' and press Enter
5. Unselect "Process all Vault Store Groups"
6. Unselect "Process all Vault Stores"
7. Select the Vault Store the user belongs to in the Vault Store Drop Down menu
8. Select "Verify" from the "Opration" drop down list
9. Select "ArchiveObjects" from the "Option" drop down list
10. Select "ObjectContainerExists" in the "Level" drop down list
11. Uncheck "Process All Archives"
12. Select the user who has a failed archive in the "Archives" drop down list
13. Under "Threads" choose 5 as the number, and High as the priority
14. If you want, change the Folder Log location and specify a name, or just leave as is
15. save the configuration to an XML like "MissingItems.xml" and press Save and OK
16. You should now be at the EVSVR prompt again
17. Type "Start" and let EVSVR run

Then after that, review the Log files 
By default will be outputted to C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports\EVSVR\
This will give you a list of DVS/DVSCC/DVSSP files that are missing
If they're all from the same drive, make sure the drive is connected, 
If they're all from the same folder and the folder doesn't exist, see if you can restore from backup
If you can't restore them from backup etc, then you need to run EVSVR to remove the records later

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

DKumar
Level 3

hi ,

i did run the EVSVR tool, and below is the result:

SIS Part File not found [0x80070002], File Path: \\xxx\xxxxxxxxx\31\2013\11-02\A\07B\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.DVSSP

When i check the physical location the DVSSP file not exists , could you please let me know the next steps to perform. Because we do not have any policy to delete the 3 months old mail, and user can not delete any thing , I am surprised to see how these .DVSSP files got deleted any Idea. 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You next steps are to try and see if the files exsist in a backup and restore.  If you can't restore the files then you would want to run EVSVR in repair mode to remove the entries that are no longer present and document the dataloss.