cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force the EV to archive company leaver mailbox so that the mailbox is completely archived with no content in Exchange ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi All,

Can someone here please share me some steps that I can follow for my EV 9 so that I can force the EV server to archive company leaver user mailbox in specific AD OU to reduce the disk space in my Exchange Server 2007 urgently ?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

1.  Create policy to archive all message types with 0 day, no shortcuts and remove shortcuts after 1 day.

2.  Create provisioning group targeting OU and put it at #1 in the PG list

3. run provisioning and then sync

4.  A run-now archiving run should archive all the items.  It may take a couple days to get everything archived.

5.  Delete the mailboxes after they are fully archived (archive reports will confirm when they are empty).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you want to do it urgently use our tool, Archive Leavers.

Other than that you'll need to create a zero day archiving policy with every message class. Ensure that the policy does not create shortcuts.  Then run it against the mailbox.

Then 'manually' (maybe using EV not sure) get rid of all the existing shortcuts in the mailbox.

If these are disable or hidden accounts, then you'll need the appropriate registry keys.

Or you can 'one click' it with Archive Leavers.

Which by the way is free. 

Working for cloudficient.com

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

1.  Create policy to archive all message types with 0 day, no shortcuts and remove shortcuts after 1 day.

2.  Create provisioning group targeting OU and put it at #1 in the PG list

3. run provisioning and then sync

4.  A run-now archiving run should archive all the items.  It may take a couple days to get everything archived.

5.  Delete the mailboxes after they are fully archived (archive reports will confirm when they are empty).

John_Santana
Level 6

Where can I find Archive Leaver in EV is that builtin or 3rd party application ?

John_Santana
Level 6

WitSend, Thanks for the steps suggested.

Is there any steps by steps guide for each of that section ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's from our company, QUADROtech. Check the links in my signature.

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Rob,

what's the limitation for the Freeware version ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

In addition to the free version of the tool, the premium version of the tool has a number of additional features :

• Product Support.
  • Disable the mailbox in EV
  • Convert an archive of a former employee to an Enterprise Vault “Shared Archive”, keeping the folder hierarchy intact.
  • Disable the Active Directory account of the user once the process completes successfully.

John_Santana
Level 6

Ah cool, so in this case if the account has been disabled already in the AD account, then it is good solution for my ad-hoc case here.

Thanks for the sharing Rob.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.

Elio_C
Level 6