cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate report in EV for Archived Email ?

John_Santana
Level 6

In EV 9.0.4, how can I generate the report to show how many disk space the Email archive occupies ? I need to view and categorize this information based on year to determine the retention / data expiration policy.

Any kind of help, SQL Script will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello John,

It is difficult to asses how much space an archive uses. There are some queries on the forum that will show the number of items and the size of the archive. I am not totally sure about the 'size of the archive'. If you use SIS, an archive might actually be smaller I believe.

If I recall correct, some of the queries allow setting a date-range, which would allow some sort of educated guess to set expiry.

I used the attached Powershell to check the fysical disks for size and occupation. (found that via Google)

there are some parameters you need to adjust.$ifile = (Get-location).path + "\domain.txt" where doman.txt containes the servernames that have the disks attached.

Name like '%IndexFOLDERNAME%' looks at folders that are like this entry, and have the indexes. In my environment, this would be something like '%EVINDEX%

Name like '%StorageFolderName%' same, but then for data-location. for me, this would be something like %EVStorage%

It generates an HTML file, which can be copied/pasted in Excel. I used this to prove weekly growth, and the need to add more storage.

Rename the file to ps1, that should do the trick

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

GertjanA

Hello John,

If you have enabled sharing on the Vault Store Group, or Vault Store, then yes.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do any of these help?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/useful-sql-query-archive-details

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA

Hello John,

It is difficult to asses how much space an archive uses. There are some queries on the forum that will show the number of items and the size of the archive. I am not totally sure about the 'size of the archive'. If you use SIS, an archive might actually be smaller I believe.

If I recall correct, some of the queries allow setting a date-range, which would allow some sort of educated guess to set expiry.

I used the attached Powershell to check the fysical disks for size and occupation. (found that via Google)

there are some parameters you need to adjust.$ifile = (Get-location).path + "\domain.txt" where doman.txt containes the servernames that have the disks attached.

Name like '%IndexFOLDERNAME%' looks at folders that are like this entry, and have the indexes. In my environment, this would be something like '%EVINDEX%

Name like '%StorageFolderName%' same, but then for data-location. for me, this would be something like %EVStorage%

It generates an HTML file, which can be copied/pasted in Excel. I used this to prove weekly growth, and the need to add more storage.

Rename the file to ps1, that should do the trick

Regards. Gertjan

John_Santana
Level 6

Gertjan, thanks for the reply, what is SIS ?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

single instance storage

John_Santana
Level 6

ok, so in this case EV can help us to achieve SIS for my current strategy of archiving to CIFS share ?

GertjanA

Hello John,

If you have enabled sharing on the Vault Store Group, or Vault Store, then yes.

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need any more help with this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com