Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grant permission to specific folder within an archive

Anna_Bool
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi all,

There is a need in to grant permissions to specific users on folders within another user's archives

From what I know - the permissions are synchronized from the exchange server if the Synchronize folder permission of the exchage mailbox policy is ON

But, when we granted permissions via the outlook to the specific folders, and run the synchronization task - nothing happened

Am I missing something?

any advise will be highly appreciated.. :)

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to give reviewer rights at the root and appropriate permission on folder which you want to delegate.

refer "Reviewer Permissions needed for Delegate Folder access t o be viewed in Archive Explorer(AE) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71838"

You need to then synch mailbox from the properties of archiving task with option "Folder hierarchy and permissions" and also make sure, mailbox policy allow inheritance for folder level permission (mailbox policy \ advanced \ 'synchronize folder permission' = on).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JosephRodgers
Level 4

Did you tick the "Folder hierarchy and permissions" on the synchronization? This happens during the automatic sync but is off by default for a manual sync.

Anna_Bool
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I did now. Thanks

Unfortunately i still can not see the folder neither in the outlook nor in the archive explorer

JosephRodgers
Level 4

In AE right-click in the left-hand (folder list) pane and select Refresh.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Anna,

Did you apply permissions to the archive from the VAC or just over a few folders from Outlook? If you applied permissions over the archive, you should be able to see it from archive explorer, otherwise, it won't show up.

If you assigned permissions just over a few folders, you should be able to open that mailbox using your credentials from Outlook, browse to the folder where you have permissions and, if there is any EV shortcut in that folder, you should be able to retrieve those emails.

Another thing you can try to confirm if the permissions where applied correctly is running PermissionBrowser.exe in the Enterprise Vault directory.

I hope this helps.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

You need to give reviewer rights at the root and appropriate permission on folder which you want to delegate.

refer "Reviewer Permissions needed for Delegate Folder access t o be viewed in Archive Explorer(AE) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71838"

You need to then synch mailbox from the properties of archiving task with option "Folder hierarchy and permissions" and also make sure, mailbox policy allow inheritance for folder level permission (mailbox policy \ advanced \ 'synchronize folder permission' = on).

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

Is this problem solved?, If yes then you may wish to make the comment as solution whichever best answers your request.