cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify invalid shortcuts

EVRocks
Level 5

Recentley we imported some NSF and PST files for some users who joined our company. Now I am seeing DCOM errors on the EV server which compain about these computers it shows unable to communicate with the original archive server obviosuly these servers does not exists in our environment.

What would be the best way to :

identify these users

find these in vaild shortcuts

so that I can remove them and then re-import the NSF/PST files. I am trying to avoid visitin gthese users and manually searching for these shortcuts.

thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello EVRocks,

Orphan Shorcuts might help removing these shortcuts but you should test it with a mailbox and see its behavior. If you run the archiving task with shortcut processing in report mode, you can run a dtrace to track the invalid shortcuts.

I hope this helps.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi EVRocks,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic? If not, please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

just to clarify, did you import the data into the mailboxes or into EV? if into the mailboxes, maybe consider importing into EV next time?

EVRocks
Level 5

Hi GabeV,

Sorry guys for not responsing earlier.

Which trace I need to enable in dtrace for this purpose. Please not the orphan shortcuts could be either in mailbox or FSA.

PSTs were imported directly into EV.

thank you.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you think, then, that the PST files have shortcuts in them? From a different EV environment?

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi EVRocks,

If you collect a dtrace with the ArchiveTask process enabled, you should see the EV shortcuts being processed.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need anything else on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com