Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install EVOM

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

Hi there,

i am new on EV installation. As my preparation on installing the EVOM, just need advice on the pre-requisite, installation and post installation. Mainly concern if there any important action any i have to be aware on this?

higly appreciate for those who like to share on this.  TQVM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Where and when to install Operations Manager:

To use Operations Manager to monitor the Enterprise Vault servers in an Enterprise Vault site, Operations Manager must be installed on at least one Enterprise Vault server in that site.

Operations Manager requires Enterprise Vault Services on the same computer. You can install the Operations Manager component at the same time as installing the Enterprise Vault Services component, or at a later date. You must run the Enterprise Vault configuration wizard to configure the Enterprise Vault Services before you configure Operations Manager.

Additional prerequisite software for Operations Manager:

The computer on which you install Operations Manager requires the following software prerequisite in addition to the core Enterprise Vault prerequisite software and settings:

Internet Information Services (IIS) must not be locked down.

Additional preinstallation tasks for Operations Manager:

In the Active Directory domain, create a Windows user account named, say, "MonitoringUser", for Operations Manager to use when accessing the Enterprise Vault databases. This monitoring user account does not require an Exchange mailbox, and it need not be a member of the Windows Administrators group.

When you create the monitoring user account, note the following:

Select the Password Never Expires option.

Leave the remaining check boxes clear (User Must Change Password At Logon, User Cannot Change Password, and Account Is Disabled).

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Version of EV, OS and SQL?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Where and when to install Operations Manager:

To use Operations Manager to monitor the Enterprise Vault servers in an Enterprise Vault site, Operations Manager must be installed on at least one Enterprise Vault server in that site.

Operations Manager requires Enterprise Vault Services on the same computer. You can install the Operations Manager component at the same time as installing the Enterprise Vault Services component, or at a later date. You must run the Enterprise Vault configuration wizard to configure the Enterprise Vault Services before you configure Operations Manager.

Additional prerequisite software for Operations Manager:

The computer on which you install Operations Manager requires the following software prerequisite in addition to the core Enterprise Vault prerequisite software and settings:

Internet Information Services (IIS) must not be locked down.

Additional preinstallation tasks for Operations Manager:

In the Active Directory domain, create a Windows user account named, say, "MonitoringUser", for Operations Manager to use when accessing the Enterprise Vault databases. This monitoring user account does not require an Exchange mailbox, and it need not be a member of the Windows Administrators group.

When you create the monitoring user account, note the following:

Select the Password Never Expires option.

Leave the remaining check boxes clear (User Must Change Password At Logon, User Cannot Change Password, and Account Is Disabled).

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

highly appreciate for the reply. here is the details:

ev 10.0.3

window server 2008

sql 2008 r2

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

is it i also have to do something on SQL? from video that i watch i need to install the EVOM on the ev server only right?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

thats correct. On SQL it will create the database, where you will need to provide path to store MDF and LDF files.

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

can you explain more on LDF and MDF file? thanks

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Its Database and log files of SQL. Database file extension = MDF and log files = LDF

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

was it helpful?

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

i have further question:

1-after the installation finish, do we need to restart the server?

2-any further configuration after we completed the installation?

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

one more question, the EV is already in producation line, do i need a downtime?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

no reboot. there's really nothing to it.

AndrewB

i would not expect any downtime

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

ok noted. but after i completed the installation i need to restart the EV services right??

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

After you installed EVOM, there is NO need to restart services. BE advised though that after the installation, it will take about 24 hours before you actually see something in the webpage of EVOM.

don't worry if after installation you see nothing! Check again tomorrow. :)

Regards. Gertjan

chikarizee
Level 3
Partner

HI there, any technote can be share here regarding EVOM installation? thanks

AndrewB

it's in the installation pdf that comes with EV.

did you mark this post as solved? a while ago? i recommend either marking the post that actually helped you or maybe start a new thread. if you keep adding to a solved post it doesnt help someone that comes later trying to look for answers to their own issues.