cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge 2 file Archives with data

GeorgeM
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hello to all, I already have EV 2007 SP2 mailbox and file archiving enabled. Does anyone know, how can I merge 2 archives with data in File Archiving? Does anyone know any method to do this procedure? thanks in advanced GM
3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If you presently have 2 FSA archives and you want to merge them on your present version of EV you will need to use a third party tool like Archive Shuttle from evtools.net

If you upgrade to EV8 SP4 when it comes out later this month you will have the Move Archive feature which will give you the ability to move an archive from one store to another

If you want the archives to appear as one then you still need to resort to the Archive Shuttle tool as explained above

May I ask why you want to merge these archives?

GeorgeM
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thanks for the info.
Do you know, if Symantec has any free tool to do this?

A few words about the story. We had an issue with FSA archiving and afterwards we tried to recreate the archives points. Finally, when we remove the archives points and create news. New Archive (store) with the same name appears. 
As you understand in Archive Explorer & in search we have to choose every time one of them.

GM

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Actually in archive explorer you should be able to choose All Archives if my memory serves me correctly