cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge duplicate entries in the EV directory?

bdc
Level 4

For some reason I have a duplicated mailbox in the directory and when trying to enable this mailbox I get the error: "this mailbox has duplicate entries in the directory and cannot be processed".

Looking at Archives/Exchange Mailbox I can indeep see two archives of the same person.

One has items from 01.04.2000-18.12.2007 and the other from 14.11.07-18.07.2008

Is it possible to merge these two archives? How can I find out how many items are in these particular archives? If it is not possible to merge them I would need to delete one of the archives :-(.

Any help would be much appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

This technote should have everything you need.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278548.htm

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

This technote should have everything you need.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278548.htm

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

bdc
Level 4

Thanks, this seems to be what we need. I am stuck on this part:

"If there are archived items in both archives, it will be necessary to restore all archived items from one archive back to the existing mailbox. This is typically the archive with the least amount of data."

I have found out which archive has the least items and would like to restore those now. How can I do this? The mailbox is disabled and cannot be enabled. In the Help of EV I only found a method using the web application but this does not list the offline archive.

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So what you could do is export the items out of the archive to a PST file.

In the Vault Admin Console right click Archives and follow the wizard to export to a PST file.

Then reimport the PST file into the correct archive and once validated that you can search everything then you can delete the old archive.

Make sense?