Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move EV databases

pkatakdound
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi  Team,

There  is a lack free  space on C drive of  EV server, few MBytes  free.

I  found  that there are  2 databases : EVSExpressVaultStore_1  and  EVVSGExpressVaultStoreGroup_1_1 on  C drive  occupying @22 GB of free space.

present  on  C drive .  I  want to move them on different drive.

I   looking  for procedure for the same.

Kindly  provide procedure for it.

Regards,

Prajyot  K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you mean not recommended to have EV and SQL on the same server.  Depending on the volume and size of the environment you may not want to have them combined but for smaller companies this isn't a problem.

Worst case scenario is you move SQL to a new box if your performance isn't where it needs to be.

I would also recommend to the OP to make sure his transaction logs are getting truncated with the database backup.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

How to move Enterprise Vault SQL databases to another drive on the same SQL Server

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129395

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Please note that it is recommended to have SQL and EV on the same server !

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I dont think so it is recommended.

The Databases which you see are created when you run the configuration wizard. 1st check in the VAC if this vault store group and database exist , I mean sometime the vault store group and databases are created accidently but not used. So check if you are archiving to this vault stores or you have different vault stores created other than default to which you archive data.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you mean not recommended to have EV and SQL on the same server.  Depending on the volume and size of the environment you may not want to have them combined but for smaller companies this isn't a problem.

Worst case scenario is you move SQL to a new box if your performance isn't where it needs to be.

I would also recommend to the OP to make sure his transaction logs are getting truncated with the database backup.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The size is 22Gb as you can see in the topic-start, so I don't think they are created accidently and not used! Please be very carefull with such statements !

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You are right, the word NOT has been disappeared....

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You can get away with EV and SQL on the same server,1. if you environment is small, around a couple of hundred of users say, 2. your server is beefy enough you provide the resources.

It is not recommended, however you have a budget issue for being a small company then that's how it is. Having said that, if your C:\ drive is low in disk space then it sounds like your EV environment is quite messy, probably was not setup and configured the way it should be right from the start. You better of moving EV DBs to a dedicated SQL server then do a clean up on your EV server or perhaps moving your EV server to a new hardware.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35744

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55377

Pretty much what the guys have outlined above, good luck!