Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to question - use live data in a test environment

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello all,

Using EV7.5
If I have a live environment of which I only want the Journal-archive to be used in a testlab, how would I go about?
I was thinking the following:
Copy databases from SQL live to SQL in test? (using kb 340611) (directory, monitoring, journal-database)
Copy indexes and store from live to test? (using kb 282880) (only index and store from journalarchivingserver)
Install 7.5, configure, use existing installation? (kb 293211)
Obviously also Exchange etc needs to be done, that is covered.

Is using the mentioned kb's sufficient to get EV to start correctly without throwing ton's of errors?

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If the LAB is separate from the live environment (meaning not network connectivity) then you can just restore from tape and rebuild the LAB to replicate the live including server names

You can do a Data only DR to build the lab once the SQL and data are copied over to the lab

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If the LAB is separate from the live environment (meaning not network connectivity) then you can just restore from tape and rebuild the LAB to replicate the live including server names

You can do a Data only DR to build the lab once the SQL and data are copied over to the lab

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Gertjan

Are you sure that using "live" data is the way to go? Especially from a Journal Mailbox?
Remember... every user that gets access to this test environment is able to search trough the whole Journal...

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It is to perform a test with e-discovery. thanks though.
Regards. Gertjan

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just checking ;)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.