cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-create Enterprise Vault shortcuts that have been deleted

SBMTMiller
Level 4

I am aware of Article: 000032153 - "How to re-create Enterprise Vault shortcuts that have been deleted in a mailbox, or were not created because of PST Migration or Mailbox Archiving Policy settings." However this article does not resolve the issue. The user had EV enabled but not installed. At some point her mailbox became full and she was prompted by outlook the option to Auto-Archive. She selected auto-archive but the shortcuts were not moved into the default "Archive" PST file outlook creates. They just seemed to be deleted. I installed the EV plugin and the only way to find the shortcuts is through Archive Explorer. When I try to restore the email, nothing happens. The only way to get the email back is to "copy" the email back to outlook. She has hundreds of folders in long folder path's and it is not possible to go through each one and copy back the emails. Is there no easy way to sync the shortcuts back?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, the PST Export to PST Wizard will keep the folder paths.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

So what you could probably do is this.

1. Disable the mailbox for Archiving

2. Export the archive to PST. (Article URL:http://www.veritas.com/docs/000014924)

3. Delete the Archive

4. Re-enable the mailbox for archiving creating a new archive.

5. Import the PST and create shortcuts.

SBMTMiller
Level 4

Does the PST file keep the folder paths or does it dump it into one whole file?

TonySterling

Yes, the PST Export to PST Wizard will keep the folder paths.