cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove EV Services and then the EV Server from the Directory Database

Hello,

I have gone through this procedure back in 2010 but I no longer have the documents.

This customer is on EV 11 on Server 2012 R2.

I have an EV site with two EV servers. The second EV server has crashed and is unrecoverable. I need to remove it from the Vault Admin Console before I can reinstall.

What is the procedure to:

1. Remove the EV services (Storage Service, Indexing Services, Shopping Service) from the Directory Database?

2. Remove the EV server from the Directory Database?

Cheers

Cameron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Hello, If you are looking for

Hello,

If you are looking for a manual procedure to remove the Enterprise Vault server directly from the Directory database (i.e. not from the VAC), I strongly suggest you to open a case with support for more assistance. Otherwise, the technote that Tony mentioned should be OK to remove the server from the Admin Console.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Have you seen this: How to

Have you seen this:

How to remove an EV Server from a site

Article:TECH135322  |  Created: 2010-01-08  |  Updated: 2014-07-28  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135322

You might have to remove the Tasks and Services manually but the server should be able to be removed from the Admin Console.

Accepted Solution!

Hello, If you are looking for

Hello,

If you are looking for a manual procedure to remove the Enterprise Vault server directly from the Directory database (i.e. not from the VAC), I strongly suggest you to open a case with support for more assistance. Otherwise, the technote that Tony mentioned should be OK to remove the server from the Admin Console.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks for your assistance gents!

Yep, I have seen that KB article before.

The challenge I have is that the second EV server is broken. I had opened a tech support call in regards to the first EV server in December. The end result was that I had to rebuild the first EV server to overcome the issue. I am now experiencing the same issue on the second EV server. The kickker is that the second EV server is at a DR site and it is all firewalled off so it is hard to get anything to work and to troubleshoot comms on top of having a broken installation.

I suspect that I will need to open a tech support call to get is sussed out.