Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove EV Services and then the EV Server from the Directory Database

InsentraCameron
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I have gone through this procedure back in 2010 but I no longer have the documents.

This customer is on EV 11 on Server 2012 R2.

I have an EV site with two EV servers. The second EV server has crashed and is unrecoverable. I need to remove it from the Vault Admin Console before I can reinstall.

What is the procedure to:

1. Remove the EV services (Storage Service, Indexing Services, Shopping Service) from the Directory Database?

2. Remove the EV server from the Directory Database?

Cheers

Cameron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

If you are looking for a manual procedure to remove the Enterprise Vault server directly from the Directory database (i.e. not from the VAC), I strongly suggest you to open a case with support for more assistance. Otherwise, the technote that Tony mentioned should be OK to remove the server from the Admin Console.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you seen this:

How to remove an EV Server from a site

Article:TECH135322  |  Created: 2010-01-08  |  Updated: 2014-07-28  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135322

You might have to remove the Tasks and Services manually but the server should be able to be removed from the Admin Console.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

If you are looking for a manual procedure to remove the Enterprise Vault server directly from the Directory database (i.e. not from the VAC), I strongly suggest you to open a case with support for more assistance. Otherwise, the technote that Tony mentioned should be OK to remove the server from the Admin Console.

I hope this helps.

InsentraCameron
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks for your assistance gents!

Yep, I have seen that KB article before.

The challenge I have is that the second EV server is broken. I had opened a tech support call in regards to the first EV server in December. The end result was that I had to rebuild the first EV server to overcome the issue. I am now experiencing the same issue on the second EV server. The kickker is that the second EV server is at a DR site and it is all firewalled off so it is hard to get anything to work and to troubleshoot comms on top of having a broken installation.

I suspect that I will need to open a tech support call to get is sussed out.