Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore the archived items from EV to 365 mailbox

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi everybody,

Customer wants to move some users from Exchange 2010 to Office 365 and those users's mailboxes are also archieved in EV ( 11 CHF3).

How those moved Office 365 users can restore their archived items from EV to Office 365 ?

Thank you,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You have a few options: 1/ Restore the data from EV before the mailbox move. 2/ Restore the data from EV to PST, and give it to the user to drag and drop into their mailbox if they need to, or 3/ Migrate the mailbox, and use something like Archive Shuttle to migrate the archived content directly to O365 from EV.  Obviously, I'm slightly biased, and would recommend the 3rd approach!  But it really is 'fast' doing it that way..  Lots faster than a mailbox move of a 'very large' mailbox.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

Symantec support answer also is like below for this question:
"
The following is the document which states that the only way to move the archives from EV from Office 365 is  "it is recommended to extract all mailbox archive data from the archive to PST and import to the Office 365 environment".

Please go through the attachment in the document: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH169342

"

Thank you to all for your efforts,

P.S. I also would like to mark as solution for Rob.Wilcox's answer too.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You have a few options: 1/ Restore the data from EV before the mailbox move. 2/ Restore the data from EV to PST, and give it to the user to drag and drop into their mailbox if they need to, or 3/ Migrate the mailbox, and use something like Archive Shuttle to migrate the archived content directly to O365 from EV.  Obviously, I'm slightly biased, and would recommend the 3rd approach!  But it really is 'fast' doing it that way..  Lots faster than a mailbox move of a 'very large' mailbox.

Working for cloudficient.com

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you Rob, for the fast response.
I will wait a little for any other alternative ideas if there is,

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The 3rd one is definitely the fastest und safest option.

With option 1/ you need to figure out a way to remove shortcuts

With option 2/ you need to do the same, plus the user needs to deal with it - not very friendly

A product like Archive Shuttle takes care of all this, plus much more. Do you have leavers data you need to move? We can automatically provision Office 365 mailboxes. Do you have Journal Data to move? We can move this data as well and even include chain of custody.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi MichelZ, thank you,

There isn't leavers data and there isn't Journal Data. I am waiting response from customer to act.

hbozan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

Symantec support answer also is like below for this question:
"
The following is the document which states that the only way to move the archives from EV from Office 365 is  "it is recommended to extract all mailbox archive data from the archive to PST and import to the Office 365 environment".

Please go through the attachment in the document: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH169342

"

Thank you to all for your efforts,

P.S. I also would like to mark as solution for Rob.Wilcox's answer too.

Rob,

For Large EV "Mailbox", do you have any idea how to restore as O365 has an initial size (100G) limit for achieve mailbox.