cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run pre-defined archiving task from PowerShell?

amanolov2
Level 2

Hello,

We have a special single mailbox which needs to be archived every day (also outside of the regular archiving window).
What we do now is to manually start archiving for this mailbox each morning
(Archiving Task -> Run Now -> Selected Mailbox -> archive all items ....)

We would like to automate this and execute it from Powershell with a scheduled task, however we are not able to find any informtion how to do this? Only Get powershell commands seem to be available in the EV powershell.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Initiating a Run Now on an archiving task is currently only available via the Vault Admin Console. A PowerShell cmdlet to perform this action is not part of the EV product at this time.

--Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Initiating a Run Now on an archiving task is currently only available via the Vault Admin Console. A PowerShell cmdlet to perform this action is not part of the EV product at this time.

--Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know where I can provide feedback to Veritas as suggestion to include this into a future release of EV?

I'm not sure what happened to our enhancement request page, but you can always contact your sales rep or account manager. That said, this enhancement is already in our system (you're not the first to request it). Everyone agrees this would be nice to have; it's just a matter of finding the time and resources to work on it vs. other priorities for the product.

--Chris

Adionysop
Level 2

Hi,

Since this request was at your system from 2019, can you please inform us if there is a powerhsell command to perform this task now?

K.R.
Argiris

I'm sorry to say that this feature has not been added to the product yet.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your quick response.
Unfortunately I have to say that this is the first product that I have met that PS module is weaker than the console. Especially when it comes to mass processes like manual mailbox archives, mass exports, mass deletions, etc. Don't get me wrong, once configured, Archiving is working absolutely fine.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Argiris