cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to selectively export folders in enterprise vault

Tacobell
Level 4
Hello,

I have a user that put all his impt emails into a folder under his root. His folder is called "Important Legal Information'. He wants me to export this folder into a pst and then give this pst file to a law firm. I've tried i think many conbinations but it does not work.
Under "Export all items from this root folder path I put \Important Legal Information and it does not work etc... I put "\" and it works but it exports all his emails into a pst. I just want to be able to selectively choose which folder to export to pst.
Is there a way to do this?
By the way I'm running EV 8.0 on a Windows 2003 sp2 enterprise server.

Many thanks,

Alexis Crawford
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Check in Archvie Explorer - do you see a folder called "Important Legal Information" - if not..

If the Archive Task has not run since he moved the shortcuts into the folder - then the shortcuts have not been updated in the archive yet.

You can do a Run Now on the Archive Task - choose Shortcut Processing - select just the 1 archive and let it process.

Once completed check Archive Explorer (you will need to refresh the view) - if it is there now the Export wizard should now work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Check in Archvie Explorer - do you see a folder called "Important Legal Information" - if not..

If the Archive Task has not run since he moved the shortcuts into the folder - then the shortcuts have not been updated in the archive yet.

You can do a Run Now on the Archive Task - choose Shortcut Processing - select just the 1 archive and let it process.

Once completed check Archive Explorer (you will need to refresh the view) - if it is there now the Export wizard should now work.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Alexis

Are you satisfied with this answer?
If yes, could you mark it as solved?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Tacobell
Level 4
Not satisfied