cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade index from 32-bit to 64-bit in bulk

DKumar
Level 3

HI ,

I want to know is there any way we can do bulk index upgradation from 32-bit to 64-bit, As we are in EV 10.0.2 upgraded from 9.0.2.Now we are doing Index upgrate as we have thousends of index i want to know is there any way where we can do bulk. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Also, the only way to upgrade indexes to 64 bits is using the indexing tool.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You just use the Indexing Tools in EV 10... that allows you to do them in bulk, right?

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello DKumar,

In Enterprise Vault 10, you can select several index volumes and perform a upgrade to 64 bits. Normally, you can perform these tasks from the Enterprise Vault Admin Console, right click over Indexing > Manage Indexes. Here is a technote with more details:

Managing indexing tasks
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57639

I hope this helps.

DKumar
Level 3

Yes, but using the indexing tool if i select more then , the index engine is getting overloaded , so is there any other way where we can do it?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could consider scheduling them for out of hours...

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

DKumar,

The Enterprise Vault indexing engine has a maxium number of concurrent operations setting. By default is 30; thus, if you add 200 index volumes for the upgrade (i.e. 200 subtasks), only 30 will be running at the time, so the Enterprise Vault server will not be overloaded. Just make sure you have the best practices in place (virtual memory, tunning, network settings etc):

Enterprise Vault Best Practices for large installations
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160065

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Also, the only way to upgrade indexes to 64 bits is using the indexing tool.

DKumar
Level 3

can i use "indexcheck" ? Even if this does not have upgrade option, can i use rebuilt option? Even rebuilt will convert the index from 32 to 64-bit

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Rebuilding the index will add more load in the Enterprise Vault server, since it would pull every single item from the storage to index it again. Index Check is not an option to upgrade indexes.