cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I exported archived mail to their original mailboxes twice time but mail messages increased double.

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

I am testing EV.

I exported archived mail to their original mailboxes. The first time, mail messages exported to their original mailboxes correctly and I archived their mailboxes again soon and tried to export to their original mailboxes. Mail messages exported to their original mailboxes correctly again,but mail messages were double, I could see the same messages each other. 

Is it correct? What should  I do to remove the same messages when I export again to their original mailboxes ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What you have done can be explained as follows (as Andrew also means):

You have archived a mailbox. You restore the archive to the mailbox. You archive the mailbox again to the same archive. The first restored items are re-archived, and because the archive was not empty, EV stores the items twice. Hence, when you export the archive again to the mailbox, you get double mail.

If you need to test, you could do the following:

Export archive to mailbox.

disable user for archiving

Delete archive, enable user for archiving again.

Or, enable user for archiving again, select to create a new archive.

Or, when exporting, select the option to delete exported items from archive.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you're testing you should use test mailboxes in a test environment. yes, the results you're getting are expected because of what you're doing. there's nothing built-in to EV that can help you remove the duplicate emails you're creating in Exchange by exporting the same archives multiple times to the same mailboxes.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What you have done can be explained as follows (as Andrew also means):

You have archived a mailbox. You restore the archive to the mailbox. You archive the mailbox again to the same archive. The first restored items are re-archived, and because the archive was not empty, EV stores the items twice. Hence, when you export the archive again to the mailbox, you get double mail.

If you need to test, you could do the following:

Export archive to mailbox.

disable user for archiving

Delete archive, enable user for archiving again.

Or, enable user for archiving again, select to create a new archive.

Or, when exporting, select the option to delete exported items from archive.

Regards. Gertjan

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you Andrew

I understood~

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for you detailed explanation.  :)

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

glad the info helped. can you mark the solution so others with the same question know which post helped you find the ansewr?