cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting an error when migrating pst files, EventID 6609 - Reference: ICC/LOU

Saifou
Level 3

Hello, I've a user who is ingesting PSTs into users archive:
- I've added him within the 'Remote Desktop Users' group on the EV server
- granted him the 'PST Administrator' role from the VAC
- created and granted 'Contributor' access to a share on the EV server in order for him move users PSTs into that location and run the PST Migrator tool

One of the settings while he ingests the PSTs is to: 1) Not create any shortcuts within Outlook. 2) create a specific folder under the root folder.

He can ingest the PSTs without issue into the respective user's archive not under the specific folder, but directly at the top root level. Everytime I do it with the VSA account, it creates that specific folder ('Old Personal Folder') as expected.

The exact error I see under the Event Logs is: Even ID 6609. "Pst file access error occured. Reference: ICC/LOU".
I've checked the user who is ingesting the PST file has full NTFS access to it.

Any help/assistance would be much appreciated.

Saifou

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK so the questions i have are

1. how are you trying to import the PST file?
    EVPM? Locate/Migrate? Client Side? PST Import Wizard?

2. Where are you launching it from as the VSA?
    A client machine? EV Server?

3. Are you able to open the PST via Outlook logged in as the VSA Account?
    Does it have items in there or is it completely blank?

are you sure thats all there is to the Event or is it through a hex? like 0x80007005?
ICC/LOU i believe relates to a logonUser issue, which may relate to the fact that in EV2007 onwards they changed the way that the EVAdmin account can interact with mailboxes

For instance if you log in to any users mailbox on the EV Server as the EVService account, if you tried to archive an item it would go to pending then straight back to a regular message because EV would prevent the EVAdmin account from making such calls

Really though what needs to happen is that you need to DTrace which ever process is throwing that event and post it here, may have more luck determining whats causing the issue.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Saifou
Level 3

Guys, I ended up to open a case with Technical Support (#413-135-002). They provided me with a script (EVFolderUpdater.vbs) which updated the root folder identity:

• stop all archiving tasks running on that server
  • open up a Command prompt window
  • go to that location where the script is located and run the following command:

CScript.exe  EVFolderUpdater.vbs  /s:<Sql_DB_Alias_Name>  /d:EnterpriseVaultDirectory

• start all of the archiving tasks

This fixed the issue. Thanks a lot for all your input.

Saifou

Saifou
Level 3

Jesus, to answer your questions:

1. I use the PST Import Wizard

2. I use the VSA account directly from the EV server

3. Yes, I can open the PST file without issue

Actually, this issue happens whether I use the VSA or any other account (after granting the PST migration privilege from the VAC).

Anyway, what I do is after the user imports a bunch of users PSTs, I run that script against this EV server and it corrects every anomaly.

Again, Thans for your input.

Saifou

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Can you mark your post as a solution please so that others can find the answer more easily too? Thanks :)