cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got users that are out

dgrenier
Not applicable

I've got users that are out of scope and are not configured but they're part of the same exchange server. 

some of these users cannot archive using outlook. Only our key employees have vault setup for them. The rest are to use outlook to archive but for some reason they cannot. I've done all the troubleshooting steps to see if its because of modifed date or add-on preventing this but for some reason, the archive file will only grow to 265KB. something is preventing them from archiving and i'm assuming its vault....

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I created a new post for you since you were asking your question in the articles section. HTH

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

When you say use Outlook to "archive" for them, are you using PSTs for those users?  EV will only provision and enable those users/groups that you target in the provisioning group.  If the default "whole orginization" provisioning group is in the admin console and you only want specified users I'd remove it and create a provision group only for the users that you specify.

Nothing in EV will prevent using the Outlook "archive" feature (creating PSTs) except a PST migration which can be set to uncheck the "auto archive" feature.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It might be a GPO denying the ability to create PST files. Or perhaps those users have been enabled, but are not being archived. It might be they then have the 'autoarchive' in Outlook disabled.

If you check database Directorydatabase, table ExchangeMailboxentry, do you see the affected users listed in there?

If so, you might want to zap the mailbox affected. (see documentation on how to do this.). Then, as WiTSend states, make sure those users are not provisioned.

Try again.

Regards. Gertjan