cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT/EXPORT PST question

Julie_McG
Level 3
Hi

I am in the process of trying to move an Outlook archive from one EV 7.5 server to another, is it possible to move an archive when that persons mailfile has already been moved to another Exchange 2007 server outside of the target servers in EV?  I suppose the same would apply also to someone who has been terminated....if their mailfile has been removed from Exchange is it still possible to move their archive to another EV server?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
The only supported way to currently move an archive is to export the archive and re-import it. In EV8 SP3 we are due to introduce a move archive tool.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 I agree with Paul. 

BTW Paul

The move tool is in DEV and from what I hear it wont get released until Casablanka is released

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
If you don't want to to wait, and need to do this now, and can't move everything to a PST yourself and do the work that way, there are some 3rd party solutions available as well. 
Working for cloudficient.com

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Scanner, that is not true....  Move Archive is scheduled for SP3, so only a major bug found in testing will hold it off to the latest SP4.  so we still speaking this year.....

--wayne

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Lets hope it makes it in. I heard that it was slated for EV 9.
Maybe it will be like the new form of indexing that was supposed to be in EV8 but never made it and is now slated for EV 9 mid next year

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That's also not true, it was never scheduled for V8, I mean they only chose the final solution this year. So it would have been impossible for Engineering to commit to the new indexing server for v8 while we where still testing different vendors...  As for Move archive the works all been done and checked in, its just testing that needs to be verified. So its simple, it will go in v8 its just when for example if there is a major cause of data-loss then they might pull move archive from SP3 so that that does not delay the SP3 release date, but they will not pull it out the product completely and wait for v9....

--wayne

Julie_McG
Level 3
Hi

Sorry for the confusion.....Yes I am using the export/import option , I can export the archive with no problem but when I try to disable the archive (as per the import/export instructions) I cannot see the users name to disable his archive....and I just wanted to confirm if this was because that user has already had his mailfile moved to another Exchange server in another site?  So to successfully import/export an archive that user has to have a valid mailfile on one of the target servers setup in EV.  hope this makes sense

Julie

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Not that he needs it but to back Wayne up. At this minute in time I have heard nothing to suggest that this feature will not be in EV8 SP3 but as stated you never know what you might come across in the QA section. Again Wayne is correct in the fact that the new indexing technology was never slated for EV8 at all.

Back to your question Julie yes if the users mailbox has already been moved then there is a good possibility that user does not live in the exchangemailboxentry table anymore hence the name will not appear in the list to allow you to disable it. See if you can see your user in the table within the enterprisevaultdirectory database.

I cannot remember off top of my head fully but maybe Wayne or Rob can but I have in my head that if we cannot sync with a mailbox for 14 days straight we mark it as deleted in this table. I believe this is configurable via reg key but cannot for the life of me remember what it is and just do not have time at the min to dig around.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Not that he needs it but to back Wayne up. At this minute in time I have heard nothing to suggest that this feature will not be in EV8 SP3 but as stated you never know what you might come across in the QA section. Again Wayne is correct in the fact that the new indexing technology was never slated for EV8 at all.

Back to your question Julie yes if the users mailbox has already been moved then there is a good possibility that user does not live in the exchangemailboxentry table anymore hence the name will not appear in the list to allow you to disable it. See if you can see your user in the table within the enterprisevaultdirectory database.

I cannot remember off top of my head fully but maybe Wayne or Rob can but I have in my head that if we cannot sync with a mailbox for 14 days straight we mark it as deleted in this table. I believe this is configurable via reg key but cannot for the life of me remember what it is and just do not have time at the min to dig around.