Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPM message class archive issue

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I have a customer who moved email from a different mailing system to their exchange servers.

Those emails message class is "IPM"

What will be the best way to add this kind of message class without creating a situation where all message classes will start archive.

My worry is whether to just add message class type "IPM" - will it not behave like IPM.* ?

Would be happy to hear what you think...

Sarah 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you do IPM*, you are going to have to make sure that you specify any other IPM classes that you don't want to be archived.

So for instance lets say you have a custom form you use or your company and you don't want it to be archived.

It may be IPM.MyCustomForm.
Because you don't have IPM.myCustomForm even specified, EV will not archive it.

If you then do IPM* then you will have to add IPM.myCustomForm and then have it unchecked.

But to be honest though, you may be able to get away with just IPM and no * and it only archive IPM and IPM only, but i'm really not sure without testing it to be honest.

My preference would be to see if theres any tools like DocMessageClass you can use on a large scale to change IPM to IPM.Note

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you do IPM*, you are going to have to make sure that you specify any other IPM classes that you don't want to be archived.

So for instance lets say you have a custom form you use or your company and you don't want it to be archived.

It may be IPM.MyCustomForm.
Because you don't have IPM.myCustomForm even specified, EV will not archive it.

If you then do IPM* then you will have to add IPM.myCustomForm and then have it unchecked.

But to be honest though, you may be able to get away with just IPM and no * and it only archive IPM and IPM only, but i'm really not sure without testing it to be honest.

My preference would be to see if theres any tools like DocMessageClass you can use on a large scale to change IPM to IPM.Note

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I will test the adding of IPM only and assign it to a test mailbox where we have all kinds of message classes including the IPM one.

Will also check the DocMessageClass you mentioned.

Will report back!

Sarah.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

If the message type is truely "IPM" with nothing else, then creating a message class in EV of "IPM" will work and would not have the same effect as IPM* since it would not allow any thing except the IPM specifically.  The IPM.Doc, IPM.Appointment, etc...  have additional characters which is covered by the wildcard *.