Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify mailbox that's migrated to cloud and it's archive is on EV

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hello Experts,

Here is the situation,

We had Ex2010 mailboxes archived by EV 12. Now those mailboxes are migrated to either Ex13 or on to MS cloud and Ex2010 is decomissioned. I need your experties in identifying which archives are assosicated with the live users who are either on Ex2013 or MS cloud so that we could delete leaver's archives from the Enterprise Vault and save storage space. lets says we have 2 mil live user & shared mailboxes and 7 mil archives on EV (Old and new). Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Talk about large EV site..

Initially, you can look at tabel ExchangeMailboxEntry in Directory database. I am not fully sure, but there should be a field indicating active mailbox. I believe if field MBXArchivingState = 1 => active archive

If that does not help, you need to do some excel guru stuff. Get the mailboxes (legacyexchangedn is preferred, possibly also Displayname/ad account) frmo exchange/o365. Then get list of archives and match them (using Vlookup). For the amount you have, bit tricky, but worth a shot.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA

Talk about large EV site..

Initially, you can look at tabel ExchangeMailboxEntry in Directory database. I am not fully sure, but there should be a field indicating active mailbox. I believe if field MBXArchivingState = 1 => active archive

If that does not help, you need to do some excel guru stuff. Get the mailboxes (legacyexchangedn is preferred, possibly also Displayname/ad account) frmo exchange/o365. Then get list of archives and match them (using Vlookup). For the amount you have, bit tricky, but worth a shot.

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

be advised to not delete 1000's of archives in 1 go. That will kill your storage and sql.

Regards. Gertjan