cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignoring pending item and eligible item checks since mailbox is disabled

JGriep
Level 3
Partner

DTRACE message: Ignoring pending item and eligible item checks since mailbox is disabled

I am using EV for Domino 9.0.1. I had a problem archiving a mail-in database and found that EV had marked it as disabled (see the DTRACE message) above.  I corrected the problem with the database but now I still get the above message in DTRACE when I attempt to archive again.  How do I re-enable the database for archiving.  I don't see anything in the UI that will allow me to re-enable the mailbox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Hi

Provisioning won't enable the mailbox unless Auto-enable was set on the provisioning target.  You will need to do it manually.

In the VAC select Tools->Enable mailbox.  If the mailbox is not listed try selecting the disabled mailbox radio button (as mentioned above). 

Thanks

Karl

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Unfortunately at the moment I do not have a domino test system ready. However you should be able to simply activate the mailbox via the wizard. When you get the mailbox list be aware of the radio button "Disabled mailboxes only" which should display the databases you manually disabled before.

Again: This is how it works for exchange - no idea if it is the same for domino.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You could use the domino profile tool and zap the .nsf

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO38221

JGriep
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for the suggestion.

I zapped the profile and then reran provisioning.  I turned on DTRACE during the provisioning and found that it set the ev_parameters' EV_ENABLED value to "0" so it looks like there is something written to the SQL tables that needs to be cleared.

JGriep
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for the suggestion.

I looked at the add target wizard and didn't see this option.  It did list the database as a potential new source so I tried to reselect it (the wizard let me add it and it only showed up in the target list once).  Even so, when I ran archiving again, I get the same message and it skips the db processing.

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Hi

Provisioning won't enable the mailbox unless Auto-enable was set on the provisioning target.  You will need to do it manually.

In the VAC select Tools->Enable mailbox.  If the mailbox is not listed try selecting the disabled mailbox radio button (as mentioned above). 

Thanks

Karl

JGriep
Level 3
Partner

Karl, Simon,

Thanks very much.  This corrected the problem I was having. 

Karl: Auto-enable was set on the provisioning target but reprovisioning didn't correct the problem.  Manually enabling with Tools->Enable did correct the issue.

Thanks,

Jonathan