cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. (0x800703fa)

The_Dark_Knight
Level 4

Hi,

Working on an Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 environment, which is in a Clustered Environment (Active - Active)

Getting errors in the Event Viewer with Event ID 6287 and description; Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. (0x800703fa).

Found a technote addressing this issue; http://www.veritas.com/docs/000014241.

Having doubts on the folowing:

In the case of a clustered EV server, a restart of the active cluster node is required for registry replication to occur:
1. Fail the cluster to the passive node.
2. Restart the original primary node.
3. Fail the cluster back to the original node.

In an Active - Active Node, how would i work.

3 REPLIES 3

The_Dark_Knight
Level 4

I get the error message while synchronizing Vault Cache (in the Client Log) and in the Event Viewer of the EV Server for Web Application while users are trying to retrieve their archived emails.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

interesting. When googling, I find http://www.veritas.com/docs/000014241      

This has:

The User profile is unloaded once the Vault Service account is logged off. This is a new feature in Windows 2008 and the Uphclean process. The intent is that when a user logs on to a server and the application is launched, there is no issue. But when the user logs off, the user profile is unloaded. As in this case, it appears that forcing an unload of the user profile breaks the deduplicationcache as this application no longer can query the HKCU registry.

This error can also occur if registry replication has failed in a clustered environment. Simply failing over to the passive node is not sufficient to allow replication to occur.

Solution

This issue can be resolved by modifying the Group Policy settings applied to affected user (Vault Service Account).

1. Open the group policy editor (gpedit.msc)
2. Go to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System-> UserProfiles-> Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff.
3. Change the setting from “Not Configured” to “Enabled”, which disables the new User Profile Service feature.

In the case of a clustered EV server, a restart of the active cluster node is required for registry replication to occur:
1. Fail the cluster to the passive node.
2. Restart the original primary node.
3. Fail the cluster back to the original node.

Note: There is a work around available for Scenario 1 (Compliance Accelerator, Journal Task failure)

Please contact Symantec Technical Support to get the work around. This work around can be only be used to ignore the dedupe cache check if the solution given above does not help to resolve the issue.

Regards. Gertjan

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi I had this problem with a customer in the past. Please place your site in backup mode. Stop the Ev task controller service and purge out the MSMQ's. Then start the EV task controller service and take EV site out of backup mode.