Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images in OWA appears as links

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I installed a new EVault 10.0.3 for Exchange 2010 and the system works fine, but when I try to view the messages under OWA, the message appears with the images as links not inside of message. The message is show well under Outlook 2010 but in OWA is the problem.

I think that I forgot something to adjust in the desktop or something else. I search in the knowledgebase without results.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

10 REPLIES 10

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can you add a screenshot of what you mean?

Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It sounds like the OWA extensions may not have been configured or they were not configured successfully.

Did you work through the Configuring OWA Access to Enterprise Vault section of the  Setting_up_Exchange_Archiving.pdg?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Let me know if I understand you correct, when user opens any archived email from OWA which has image (as attachment or embeded) the message shows link for it but do not display in the message body?

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for the answers, the problem is that the body of messages appears but the images that inside of body appear as links. I attached two screenshots: "OWA msg" is as show under OWA; the same message as showed by Outlook is in "Outlook Msg".

Advisor you are right.

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Tony, I read the manual. Under OWA the icons appears including the "Archive explorer", to open the archived mail it's necessary click on the link.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So when you double click the message in OWA you get the screenshot above?

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Tony, yes...

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Tony, see the new image...

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you check/change following desktop policy setting:

Advanced >> List settings from : OWA >> View mode = OWA.

If it is set to Enterprise Vault, it is expected to see the html copy of archive item instead of original formatting.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you change the desktop policy setting then you will need sync the user mailbox from archiving task properties >> synchronization tab.