cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of Enabling "Update archive location for items moved in the mailbox" with EV backups

The_Dark_Knight
Level 4

Hi,

Running EV 10.0.4 in a clustered environment.

At this moment the "Update archive location for items moved in the mailbox" is disabled across all Mailbox Archiving Policies.

End users have shortcuts moved over to various folders/PSTs. While I know that shortcuts in PSTs cannot be recalled, I am interested in the impact of enabling the Moved Items setting.

The environment has issues with the Index Locations coming out of backup mode. If I enable the Moved Items setting what impact will be there on the A6 message queue considering I have an ongoing issue with Indexes and Backups. 

3 REPLIES 3

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

There will be an impact on the queues and I've seen where the event logs get flooded with warnings in unhealthy environments.

PRADiiP
Level 4

Before enablig this option I feel it would be better to fix the Indexing issues first as once items are moved they all need to be re-indexed and if indexing is broken then there would be backlog for the Indexing and as stated by dcVast your event logs wold  be flooded with warning

The_Dark_Knight
Level 4

Hey!!

Thanks!!! you make a good point of fixing the Index backup issue.

Working on that.