cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import PST to the journal Archive

MorsiSaeed
Level 4

Hi All,

I Have a PST file i want to import this PST file into my journal Archive.

How  i can do this ? Please not that i tried the simple import wizard and i didn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The proper answer is that natively you cannot (although I have not looked into the PS commandlets... maybe there is magic there).   You used to be able to do some hackary and make it happen but I believe that has not worked for some time also. The best option is to create a shared archive and import into there.

I would also add that most commonly, PST files do not have the same formatted envelopes that natively journaled messages have. It is not uncommon for people to think this is a really good idea, but find it is not as they muddy the clarity of their Journal by adding different formatted content within the archive. Best to keep it in a separate archive and include it in searches where the data is relevant.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The proper answer is that natively you cannot (although I have not looked into the PS commandlets... maybe there is magic there).   You used to be able to do some hackary and make it happen but I believe that has not worked for some time also. The best option is to create a shared archive and import into there.

I would also add that most commonly, PST files do not have the same formatted envelopes that natively journaled messages have. It is not uncommon for people to think this is a really good idea, but find it is not as they muddy the clarity of their Journal by adding different formatted content within the archive. Best to keep it in a separate archive and include it in searches where the data is relevant.

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Yes, natively the import wizard cannot import directly into a Journal archive type.  There is some "hackary" that can be done in the DB to modify the type to a Shared archive and then import the PST.  Once the PST is imported the type can be reverted back to a Journal type.  

Regards,

Patrick