cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of PST results in less stubs than items

soenkeluck
Level 3

Hi all,

I just imported an PST using the PST Migration Wizzard, and ticked "Yes, create shortcuts in associated mailboxes". Import runs fine, all 17,811 items were imported into the archive, but only 14,812 shortcuts were pushed into user's Exchange mailbox. Status of the import was "PSTs successfully migrated", no events written.

Does anybody knows the reason? Is there additional information, which I should supply?

Thanks in advance,

Sönke

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

I'm not sure of the behaviour of PST import for items which would not normally be turned into shortcuts, for example calendar items or contacts.

Can you correlate the count of such items in the archive with the discrepancy you see?

Andrew

Good thought, I already had it, too. But it is hard to check cause of the mass of mails. Is there a desciption of the importer, which goes beyond the offical docs?

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

During wizard based PST migration, if you have selected option “would you like to create a migration report text file?” to “YES” then you should be able to notice shortcut information in report file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports\PSTMig_YYYYMMDD.text)

temp2.jpg

Example:-
----------
Items archived:            100
Shortcuts created:            98
Other Items moved to mailbox:        2
--------

If above option was not enabled then during end of wizard it reports no of shortcut created in mailbox/pst.

temp3.jpg

Regards

Pradeep

from the log:

Items archived: 17811
 Shortcuts created: 14812
 Other Items moved to mailbox: 0

Any chance you had the option checked to "Restrict shortcuts by age"?

capture.png

Seems like that could have exactly the effect that you're describing...

--Chris

Hi Chris,

that sounds plausible, but I don't think that is the answer. This are my setting (pretty generic Smiley Happy :(

image.png

image.png

Thanks for pointing me to the migration policy. I think I will have to configure something that makes sense within my environment.

Sönke