cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importation of PST

nwalsh
Level 4

Hello,

I am wondering if you guys could help me or point me in the right direction of "how to"

Im currently extracting our companyarchive from EV.Cloud using Discovery Archive.

As i am extracting these files into PST file format. As i am importing the PST into our new Enterprise Vaul 11 server, i am coming into an issue of previous members of staff that have left the company but due to compliance reasons they all have to be imported onto the new archive. Due to there names and email accounts have been removed from AD & Exchange, I have no way of placing them into EV11. Is there a way that this can be done without creating AD accounts and deleting them after i have imported their archived data?

Thanks in advance of your help and suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can create as many Shared Archives as you want in what ever naming convention you need.  Shared Archives do not need an Exchange Account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

If you are importing for data retention/eDiscovery you can put the "orphaned" users into a shared archive, similar to having a Journal archive. 

nwalsh
Level 4

Thats great to hear, But is there any other was that i can import the PST and it can be asigned based on a naming convention or is it only as you said. seutp a shared archive an import all ex staff members archive into that shared archive?

Next question. Sorry have to ask.

But is there a commad or process to set a shared achive manually without creating an exchange account. I persume no is going to be the answer, but its beter to ask the question.

thanks

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can create as many Shared Archives as you want in what ever naming convention you need.  Shared Archives do not need an Exchange Account.

nwalsh
Level 4

Hi Tony,

Thats great to hear it. Thanks for answering my question. I have just noticed the shared folder in the admin console.

Thanks for confirming that you can have the correct naming conventions as the ex staff member. :)